March at Barnes & Noble's Mystery Forum

Winter came in like a lamb this year, and it looks like it's going to go out like one, too - at least in my area. Even so, I'm more than ready for spring!


We have lots going on at B&N's Mystery Forum in March - be sure to check in periodically, since we almost always add more guest blogs during the course of the month. 

Please note: With the "featured" visits, the authors check in throughout the week to respond to your questions and comments. When authors write a guest blog for us, the often - but not always - respond to comments.

**Having problems posting a comment? This problem is often browser related. Internet Explorer and Safari don't always play well at BN.com, while Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are less problematic. Let me know if you continue to have problems.


Here's the schedule for March!

Thursday, March 1 -

Guest Blog by DENISE SWANSON











Week of March 5 -

Featured Author: CARA BLACK











Tuesday, March 6 -

Guest Blog by SIMONE ST. JAMES











Thursday, March 8 -

Guest Blog by LAURA CHILDS











Week of March 12 -

Guest Blog AND Featured Visit with BRAD PARKS:











Week of March 19 -

Featured Visit with JENN MCKINLAY:











Tuesday, March 20 -
Guest Blog by Shelley Shepard Gray


Week of March 26 -

American Mystery Classics: DASHIELL HAMMETT


















Tuesday, March 27 -

Guest Blog by ANDREW KAPLAN















Comments

Jennifer Tanner said…
Great line-up, Becke!

I read Dashiell Hammett ages ago. Now, I want to go dig up his books in the garage.

Do you read all of the books before the author blogs with the forum?

Happy Friday!has
Becke Davis said…
Good question! The answer is: usually, but not always.

I read at least half the books, but I don't have time to read them all. (We have between 1-4 authors featured each week, depending on the number of guest blogs.)

Since it's a forum rather than a book club, I often end up buying the book during the author's visit and reading it afterwards!

That happens a lot at the forums - people stop by to chat with the author and find out about the featured book(s). If the book appeals, they pick up a copy.

I think that's one reason the view count on the Mystery threads continues to go up long after the author visits - people search the author's name to find out more about him or her.

I do get a lot of advance copies from publicists and authors, but by no means in every case. I buy a lot of books - my TBR pile is over 300 books and growing. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy them all.

As to Dashiell Hammett, I went on a noir binge a few years ago and read everything I could get my hands on in that sub-genre. I don't think I read every one of his books, but I came close!

Popular posts from this blog

When We Were Very Young

Their Names Live On In Flowers

The Superior Scribbler Award