Saturday, September 26, 2009
October will be an exciting month at B&N's MYSTERY BOOK CLUB. We have best-selling author LISA JACKSON visiting as we feature her book, CHOSEN TO DIE. It's a family affair, since we are also featuring WICKED GAME, which was co-written by Lisa Jackson and her sister, Nancy Bush, who is also a great mystery writer. Join us!
Posted by Becke Davis at 2:27 PM
If Amy Stewart's book, WICKED PLANTS, has you wondering what dangerous plants lurk in your garden, you'll want to check out my latest blog at Barnes & Noble's GARDEN VARIETY.
Posted by Becke Davis at 2:23 PM
Join us in October as we feature the children's classic, A SECRET GARDEN, and a fascinating new release, NAMING NATURE.
Posted by Becke Davis at 2:06 PM
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Monday, September 07, 2009
Loucinda McGary is visiting B&N's Mystery Book Club today to discuss her fabulous new release, THE TREASURES OF VENICE. I just finished reading it, and I highly recommend it! Click the title for a direct link. Come join the party!
Posted by Becke Davis at 10:41 PM
A big thanks to Ryan, author of the cool Wordsmithonia blog, for giving me the Superior Scribbler Award! You can click the title to see Ryan's blog. Ryan is also a regular at Barnes & Noble's Mystery Book Club -- stop by there and chat with us both sometime!
Here is how the Superior Scribbler award works (and isn't that the cutest icon ever?):
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Now, I follow a LOT of blogs, so this is going to be difficult. I'm taking a deep breath and picking these five blogs to receive the award (in no particular order):
1) Keri Stevens blog, Leap!
2) Jan O'Hara's blog, Tartitude
3) Tina Wolfer's blog, Sunflower City
4) Chasing Heroes, where my friend Tonya Kappes blogs regularly:
5) Well. This is hard. I have at least five other blogs (not counting all the high-traffic blogs I follow) that deserve this honor. I hope my friends will forgive me, but I'm going to go with this one, which my husband writes. He's been on quite a journey -- pretty much his whole life -- and, knowing him, his journey isn't over yet. I know he pours his heart into this blog, so I'm giving Accepting Reality this spot. http://lifeingrace.blogspot.com
Thanks for giving me this honor, Ryan!
Posted by Becke Davis at 12:21 PM
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Today I'm talking to Heidi Betts about the knit lit craze at Romance B(u)y the Book today. Heidi is the author of TANGLED UP IN LOVE. I'll be blogging about her new release, LOVES ME, LOVES ME KNOT tomorrow at RBTB. Watch for the third book in Heidi's Chicks with Sticks series in the new year. Meantime, stop by and join the discussion. Click on the title of this post for a direct link.
Posted by Becke Davis at 12:44 PM