The Murder of Roger Ackroyd


Starting in August, the Mystery Book Club at Barnes and Noble's website (www.bn.com, click "Book Clubs") will be featuring The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, the Agatha Christie classic. While it's not my favorite Christie, it is -- along with Murder on the Orient Express -- her most controversial book. A new hardcover of the book has just been published and we are using that as an excuse to get this discussion going. I'm a diehard Agatha Christie fan -- read my first one, Funerals are Fatal, at age 15 and I've been hooked ever since.

I'm still moderating the Garden Book Club at BN.com but that site is quiet at this time of year -- gardeners are out in the garden in the summer! Except for me -- between writing and traveling this year, I've barely had time for my yard at all. It is unusual for me to travel this much but I figure it goes back to that "to every thing there is a season" and this year it is apparently my season to travel rather than to work in the garden. It's always been difficult to balance my writing assignments with downtime for gardening, but this year my schedule has been completely out of whack. Kind of fun, though!

Comments

Dorothy Guyton said…
Hello I am a gardener and aspiring author. I self-published a garden book that is a fictional creatively humorous look at a year in the life of a gardener. The title "Diary of a Wannabe Garden," says it all. Author, Dorothy Guyton. From one gardener to another, you will find this book intertaining and inspiring. Preview and purchase ($9.95) the book at www.bbotw.com. You will at the least have something humorous to share with the returning gardeners this winter. Enjoy gardening, enjoy nature and enjoy life. I hopefully await a review.
Becke Davis said…
Why don't you make a post about your book at the Garden Book Club at BN.com? A lot of authors do that.

Popular posts from this blog

When We Were Very Young

Their Names Live On In Flowers

The Superior Scribbler Award